These almond cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! The almond flavor of the cookie, along with the almonds on the top and the almond flavored glaze make these sweet treats a family favorite!!!
Almond cookies go so well with a cup of tea or coffee. But they stand alone too whenever your sweet tooth craves a yummy something!!
The bonus of this recipe is how quick these almond cookies are to mix up and bake. In just 20 minutes you can be munching on almond loveliness!!!
Ingredients in the Almond Cookies…
Butter in the dough makes these cookies so very yummy! Sugar, almond extract, flour, baking powder, and salt are the rest of the ingredients in the dough.
Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and water or milk to make up the glaze.
Place sliced almonds on the top of the glaze to finish off these cookies. Like the cherry on an ice cream sundae, the almonds finish off this cookie to perfection!!!
Instructions for Making the Almond Cookies…
A few hours or so before you’re ready to make the cookies set out 2 sticks of butter to soften.
When you’re ready to make up the cookies, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the butter, sugar, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer (or your stand mixer) to cream these three ingredients together.
In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry mixture (2 tablespoons at a time) to the creamed mixture, stirring each time to combine. Stir in all the flour mixture until well combined!
Roll dough into 1” balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Flatten with a fork or the bottom of a glass so the cookies are about ¼” thick.
Bake the cookies for 8 minutes. The cookies don’t brown much at all. Remove to a cooling rack.
Place sliced almonds on top off the almond cookies. Mix up the glaze and drizzle over the top of each cookie to secure the almonds to the top.
Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-4 teaspoons milk or water add more or less until glaze drips off of spoon
- Soften butter.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar, and almond extract. Adding 2 tablespoons at a time, add dry mixture to creamed ingredients until all dry mixture is added to form the dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1/4" thick with a fork or bottom of a flat glass.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. Place sliced almonds over the top of each cookie. Mix up the glaze. When cookies are no longer hot drizzle the glaze over each almond topped cookie.