These teriyaki turkey burger sliders are delicious! Sweet tangy teriyaki and pineapple make these burgers a fun and yummy spin on the boring old hamburger. There’s nothing boring about these little sliders!!!
Ingredients in the Teriyaki Turkey Burger Sliders
Teriyaki turkey burgers use lean ground turkey. Add bread crumbs, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, and grated ginger to the ground turkey to give them an especially yummy zip!
A sliced of marble jack cheese adds an ooey gooey deliciousness to the burgers!
These sliders go great on a mini whole wheat bun. Topped with a slice of grilled pineapple, a thin slice of red onion, a lettuce leaf, and a little more teriyaki/pineapple sauce finishes it off just right!
Making the turkey teriyaki burger sliders…
Drain the slices of pineapple, reserving the juice.
The slices of pineapple are so pretty in my old-school Tupperware, lol!
Add mixed pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce to the burger mixture.
You’ll also top the cooked burgers with a little more of this sweet tasty sauce!
Place the ground turkey in a medium-sized bowl. Add the bread crumbs, ginger, and a mixture of teriyaki and pineapple juice. Mix well.
Form into patties. If you’re making the sliders, this recipe will make 8. If you’d like to make full-size burgers this recipe will make 4.
I prefer to make these burgers on the grill. However…when it’s still winter in Wisconsin a heavy skillet frying pan on the stove will do just fine!
Cook burgers over medium heat until they’ve browned and thoroughly cooked through. This usually takes about 5 minutes on each side.
Add a slice of marble jack cheese (or a cheese favorite of yours!) to the top of each cooked burger. Put the lid on the kettle (or the cover on the grill), and let the cheese get all melty and gooey! Yummy!!!
I also “fry” the pineapple slices. They’ll get done just fine on medium-high. Flip them so both sides are slightly browned.
Assemble the burgers…
Place a slice of lettuce on the bun. Put a burger on top of the lettuce. Top with a slice of grilled (or fried!) pineapple.
A few slices of red onion and a little more of the teriyaki and pineapple juice make these sliders to..die..for…
These burgers go so well with homemade sweet potato fries!!!
Teriyaki Turkey Burger Sliders
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze divided
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple slices, drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 4 slices Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Over a medium bowl, drain the pineapple slices. Reserve 1/4 cup pineapple juice and mix it with 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Place ground turkey in medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki mixture and bread crumbs. Mix well and form into 4 regular size patties, or 8 slider size patties.
- Grill or fry hamburgers until done, about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure your burgers are cooked thoroughly through.
- Add a slice of cheese to each cooked burger, allow to melt. Assemble burgers on buns with lettuce, sliced red onion, and a little more pineapple teriyaki sauce.