This creamy bacon mushroom chicken recipe packs a flavor punch! And the fresh thyme in the recipe gives it one more pow!!
Tender, juicy, flavorful, and easy. Your family will love it!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!
Ingredients in the Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe…
I like to use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe. They have such good flavor, and bake up tender and quick!
You could also use regular chicken thighs, or even chicken breasts for this recipe.
You’ll also add crispy bacon to the recipe.
Browned mushrooms make this dish especially flavorful. The fresh thyme also adds to the flavor level! Seasonings and heavy cream round out this main dish.
Making the recipe…
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and the chicken thighs to a skillet over medium high heat. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
Brown each side of the chicken for 1-2 minutes until nice and brown. Remove chicken to a baking dish.
Place chicken in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout. Remove.
While the chicken is baking I prepare the bacon and mushrooms!
Cut the slices of bacon into 1″ pieces, and fry in the same skillet until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Also drain all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
Add mushrooms to the drippings in the the skillet. Sauté the mushrooms until soft.
When the chicken is done baking you can make the sauce!!
For the sauce add heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme to the skillet of mushrooms. Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. You can add a pinch or two of flour if you’d like a bit thicker sauce.
Add the bacon and chicken back to the skillet and heat for another minute. And it’s ready to serve!!
Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs can also use bone-in chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Creamy Bacon Mushroom Thyme Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Brown each side of the chicken for about 2 minutes until brown. Transfer browned chicken breasts to a baking pan, and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- While the chicken bakes, cook bacon until crisp in the same skillet. Drain bacon on paper towel. Drain all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until soft. Add the bacon back in. Then add heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- When the chicken is done baking, add it back to the skillet and heat for another minute. Transfer everything back into the baking dish and serve.