This easy slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili recipe is a homemade soup recipe you’ll want to make again and again! There’s literally no prep when making this delicious white chicken chili recipe!! Just put all the ingredients for this recipe into the slow cooker in the morning, and by later in the afternoon supper is done!
Yummy and easy, who could ask for more? This easy slow cooker cream cheese chicken recipe is one of my all-time favorites!
Ingredients for the Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Two chicken breasts are needed. You can use either fresh or frozen chicken breasts for this easy slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili recipe. If using frozen chicken, thaw the day ahead in the refrigerator so it’s not frozen when you add it to the slow cooker.
Use canned vegetables in this white chicken chili, so easy! One 15 ounce can of corn, one 15 ounce can of black beans, and two 10 ounce cans of Rotel tomatoes.
There are different varieties of Rotel tomatoes to choose from, you can use any one of them! The zippier the Rotel tomatoes the zippier your chili will be!
The spices used in the white chicken chili is cumin, chili powder, and onion powder.
You’ll also use one package of dried ranch dressing mix for flavor.
I like to buy the big containers of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix to always have on hand, like when I want to make my Beer Cheese Dip. Use 2 Tablespoons of dressing mix if you’re buying it in bulk too! Two tablespoons equals one packet of dressing mix.
Lastly, the secret ingredient to get the chili to be creamy and white is one 8 ounce brick of cream cheese!
Add Ingredients to the Slow Cooker to Make the Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Place the entire thawed or fresh chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. You don’t need to cut up the chicken or do anything else to it right now.
Pour the entire can of corn on top of the raw chicken breasts. Don’t drain the corn, the water in the can helps make the broth.
Add the undrained Rotel tomatoes to the chicken and corn in the slow cooker. Again, the juice from the tomatoes helps make the flavorful broth for this yummy soup!
Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add them to the soup also! You don’t even need to stir anything together right now. It all looks so pretty, doesn’t it?
On top of the vegetables sprinkle one teaspoon of cumin and one teaspoon of onion powder. Sprinkle one tablespoon of chili powder over everything. Also sprinkle the dry ranch dressing mix over it all!!
On the very top place the brick of cream cheese.
That’s it! It literally takes 5 minutes or less to get everything in the slow cooker. You can’t beat that for prep time!!
Cook and Finish the Soup
Cook the easy slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. If the chicken breasts you’re using are thick, let the chili cook the full 8 hours to make sure they’re fully done and tender.
Test for doneness by removing the chicken from the slow cooker. If you can easily pull the meat apart with two forks the soup is done. Shred the chicken apart and add it back to the slow cooker.
Stir the shredded chicken into the soup, mixing all of the ingredients and melted cream cheese together. The chili will be nice and creamy. And oh my gosh, it smells so good you won’t be able to wait to have a bowl!!
What to Serve with this Chili
I like to sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of a bowlful of this easy slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili! You can’t overdo it with cheese, can you! Not is Wisconsin, that’s for sure, lol!!
I also like to serve a side of large Frito scoops or Tostido scoops with this soup.
Garlic bread or any other kind of tortilla chips are great too!
I guarantee your family will love this chili as much as mine does. I love it for how easy it is to make, and we all love it for how flavorful it is.
Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can corn undrained
- 2 10 ounce cans Rotel tomatoes undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried ranch dressing mix or 1 packet
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- Place the entire thawed or fresh chicken breasts on thebottom of your slow cooker. You don’tneed to cut up the chicken or do anything else to it right now. Pour the entire can of corn on top of the raw chicken breasts. Don’t drain the corn, the water in the can helpsmake the broth.Add the undrained Rotel tomatoes to the chicken and corn inthe slow cooker. Again, the juice fromthe tomatoes helps make the flavorful broth for this yummy soup!Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add them to thesoup also! You don’t even need to stiranything together right now. It alllooks so pretty, doesn’t it?On top of the vegetables sprinkle one teaspoon of cumin andone teaspoon of onion powder. Sprinkleone tablespoon of chili powder over everything. Also sprinkle the dry ranch dressing mix over it all!!On the very top place the brick of cream cheese.
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
- Add undrained corn and Rotel tomatoes to slow cooker.
- Rinse and drain the black beans. Add to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle cumin, onion powder, and chili powder on top of vegetables.
- Place brick of cream cheese on top of mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Add back in and stir all of mixture together to mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips, Frito scoops, or garlic bread.