This tasty tater tot casserole recipe (say that fast 3 times!) is a hearty meal that your family will love! You’ll love how easy it is to throw together!!
The tater tot casserole is a great choice to make for a busy weeknight meal. You can prepare it all, put it in the oven to bake, and go put your feet up or catch up on folding that laundry that’s waiting in the basket, lol!
I love meals that bake up in the oven without fuss!!
This casserole is comfort food in it’s finest form too! I remember this being one of my favorites when I was young. It’s just one of those meals that’s like a little hug from home!
Ingredients Used in this Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
I usually have everything in my panty and freezer to make this tasty tater tot casserole recipe! The frozen tots and hamburger (for me it’s always ground venison, lean and mean!) are usually my freezer staples.
Stock up on the corn, mixed veggies, cream of mushroom soup, and condensed cheddar cheese soup when you notice they’re on sale at the supermarket. I have the other ingredients always stocked and on hand.
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Prep
Start preheating your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
As the oven heats, brown up the ground beef, crumbling as it as it cooks. Add in the onion, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and the Worcestershire sauce to the browning meat.
Finish browning, then transfer the meat to a bowl and add in the sour cream, soups, veggies, and half of the cheddar cheese.
Transfer this mixture to the prepared baking dish, and top it with an even layer of the tater tots. Bake for 50 minutes.
Top the casserole with the other half of the cheese, and return to oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serving the Casserole
I sometimes like to serve a helping of the tater tot casserole with a dollop of sour cream on the top! And if I have them, I’ll sprinkle some thinly sliced green onions on the very top of it all. Yum!
I also like to serve up this casserole with a side salad and some garlic bread. But in a pinch, it’s great as a stand-alone meal too. Enjoy!!!
Tasty Tater Tot Casserole
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 32 ounces tater tots 1 package frozen
- 1 pound ground beef, lean can substitute ground venison
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup 10 ounce can
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10 ounce can
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained can substitute 1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 dollop sour cream
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Halfway through browning add onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble the ground beef as it cooks. Drain any grease, if necessary.
- In a large bowl combine cooked beef mixture with the sour cream, soups, corn and mixed veggies, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spread this all into the prepared baking dish. Top with an even layer of the tater tots and bake for 50 minutes, until tots are brown and the casserole is bubbly.
- Top the casserole with remaining cheese and return to over for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.