It’s an absolute treat to be able to make Wild Blueberry Pancakes for my family! This recipe uses wild blueberries, but can also be made with store-bought blueberries or even frozen blueberries. Made with a delicious pancake mix, these are the easiest and most yummy pancakes ever!!!
At least once a year I make Wild Blueberry Pancakes from the small bounty of wild blueberries that grow on our shoreline of the lake!!
When we purchased our lake home I was so excited to see we had a little wild blueberry patch! It’s only about 10’ x 12’ in size. But I love having it and being able to pick wild blueberries to use for making my family treats!
Honestly, I only get about 2 cups of wild blueberries a season. But that’s enough to make this recipe. And a small amount to freeze for at least one more recipe!
The wild blueberries come to life as soon as the ground warms up. First come the pretty green leaves. And by mid-may they are full of blossoms!
Not only do we enjoy this blueberry patch, it provides nutrition for the bee friends that help to pollinate the plants!!
In June and July the little blue gems are ripe for the picking!
Ingredients in the Wild Blueberry Pancakes…
This recipe calls for ½ cup of wild blueberries.
The batter for these wild blueberry pancakes is my absolute favorite pancake mix ever!!! If you haven’t tried Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix you don’t know what you’re missing! I highly recommend this product! I have a hard time finding it in stores, so I just purchase a couple cans at a time on Amazon and keep them in my pantry.
One cup of pancake mix, one large egg, ¾ cup milk or buttermilk, and about 1 tablespoon melted butter is all you’ll need to mix up the pancake batter!
Our family likes to eat these Wild Blueberry Pancakes with real maple syrup. But they’re also incredibly yummy with a little butter and sugar on top!
Or you can really get crazy and smother the pancakes with Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Champagne Jam. This jam is the bomb!!!
Making the Wild Blueberry Pancakes…
I always use my grandma’s big Fire King measuring bowl to mix up my pancakes. I feel like I’m getting a little hug from grandma every time I use it!
In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Then stir in the pancake mix. Next, stir in the melted butter.
Finally, fold in the wild blueberries!
I usually use a stovetop griddle to make my pancakes. Preheat the griddle over medium-high heat for a minute.
If I’m cooking for a crew I’ll use my big electric griddle to get the job done! Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.
Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Then pour or spoon the pancake mix onto the griddle in about 5” circles. This recipe makes about ten 5” pancakes.
When the pancakes form bubbles on the top that begin to pop, flip them over! Cook the other side of the pancake for 1-2 minutes until it’s nicely browned too!
Serve warm with your favorite topping!!!
Wild Blueberry Pancakes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries or any type of blueberries
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Then stir in the pancake mix. Finally, stir in the melted butter. Fold in the blueberries.
- Preheat the griddle over medium-high heat for a minute or preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Then pour or spoon the pancake mix onto the griddle in about 5” circles. This recipe makes about ten 5” pancakes.
- When the pancakes form bubbles on the top that begin to pop, flip them over. Cook the other side of the pancake for 1-2 minutes until it’s nicely browned
- Serve warm with your favorite topping like maple syrup, sugar, fruit, or jam.