If you are craving a rich, luscious, creamy dessert this New York Italian Style Cheesecake recipe is sure to satisfy!! Drizzled with chocolate sauce when you’re ready to serve, the New York Italian Style Cheesecake is fancy to the core!
Yet, you absolutely won’t believe how easy it is to make the no-crust New York Italian Style Cheesecake. There is nothing difficult about this recipe!!
You will need to plan ahead just a bit if you’re making this cheesecake, it needs a few hours in the oven. Just make it in the afternoon, and serve it for your supper dessert!!
Ingredients of the Cheesecake Recipe
The ingredients for this yummy delight are easy to pull together! All you need is cream cheese and ricotta cheese to give you the cheesy creaminess!! Along with sugar, eggs, butter, flour, cornstarch, vanilla, sour cream, and lemon juice.
Mixing Steps of the Cheesecake Recipe
Before you start mixing, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Make sure you move an oven rack to the middle.
You’ll be using an electric mixer to beat the cheeses and sugar until they are creamy.
Then you’ll beat in the eggs one at a time. Such a pretty yellow as you add eggs to the mixture!
Once you have the eggs added, you’ll add the rest of the ingredients (except the sour cream and lemon!!) until you have a creamy, dreamy batter!!
The final step to mixing is to fold in the sour cream and lemon juice until it’s all combined.
Baking the New York Italian Style Cheesecake
Now that your oven has been preheating as you’ve mixed the batter, it’s ready to bake your cake!
Pour the batter into an ungreased 10-inch springform pan. You won’t believe how creamy the texture of this batter is, soooo smooth!
Place the pan on the middle shelf, and bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for another 2 hours to finish.
Serving the Cheesecake
Let the New York Italian Style Cheesecake fully cool before running a thing spatula around the edge to spring it free from the pan. These pans are so fun to bake in!
Serve at room temp or cold. Cut into wedges, and drizzle chocolate sauce over the wedge when you place it on the serving plate.
New York Italian Style Cheesecake with Chocolate Drizzle
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 ounce package 16 ounces total
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- chocolate sauce
- Place rack on middle shelf, and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese (softened), ricotta cheese, and sugar with electric mixer until creamy and well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the flour, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and cooled melted butter; mix until creamy and well combined. Fold in the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake inside for 2 more hours to set. Remove from oven and let cool. Run a thin knife or spatula around the edge of the cheesecake before springing open the pan.
- Cut into wedges. Place on plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers if you have any!